Broad Oaks Manor Surrey

Broad Oaks Manor Surrey

Broad Oaks Manor Surrey

Originally built in 1876, it was soon to change hands when in 1898 it was sold to the wealthy Scottish industrialist Sir Charles Tennant, who used it as an out of London house for entertaining.

The brewing family Charrington were custodians from 1911 until 1946, until it was sold to the Ministry of Supply in 1948.

After that it became home to the Ministry of Defence from 1948 until 1996.

A company then bought it with the intention of turning the house into a hotel and the grounds into a business park but they proved a tad too ambitious and the company went into receivership.