Elvian School - Reading - Berkshire - Trev Bish - Urban Exploration

Elvian School Reading Berkshire

 

Elvian School Reading Berkshire – Urban Exploration

The school opened in 1931 as Presentation College, Reading, an independent boys’ day school run by the Presentation Brothers. In May 2003 the Presentation Brothers made the highly controversial decision to close the school the following summer; however, due to the “Save Pres” campaign by staff and students, the Presentation Brothers reversed the decision and the school was transferred to a trust. However, in mid-2004 the school went into administration and was taken over by the Licensed Trade Charity and became the Elvian School. The final head master of the school was Mr. Paul Bevis.

Closure

In January 2010, staff and parents of pupils were sent letters stating that the future of the school was unclear and that the feasibility of continuing to operate was being considered during a consultation period. On 3 March, a further letter and announcement by the school’s Director of Education, Ian Mullins, stated that the consultation had unanimously agreed that the school could not run into the 2010/11 academic year. The school closed in July 2010.