St Peters Morgue Chertsey

St Peters Morgue Chertsey

St Peters Morgue Chertsey

History

Originally St. Peter’s Hospital was built to serve casualties of the Second World War, The mortuary was built in the 1940’s on the edge of the site.
However after extensive redevelopment of the site, the mortuary was found to be too small to cope with the increase in cadavers.
This mortuary was shut down in April 2009 and moved to the new building which is central to to main hospital.